Hello! I'm Lindsay Townsend. I write historical romance and romantic suspense. It's lovely to be back here at LASR! This is my second visit - I appeared in March 2009 on the spotlight and you can read my interviews then here:
What's been happening since March 2009?
My second ‘knight’ novel, A Knight’s Captive, appeared at the end of March 2009. I've also completed another 'knight' book for Kensington Zebra, called A Knight's Enchantment. This is coming out on June 1st and this is the novel I'm offering this week at LASR as a prize.
I've finished a fourth 'knight' book for Kensington, due out in 2011.
I've had a sweet contemporary romantic suspense, Holiday in Bologna, published by Bookstrand of Siren-Bookstrand.
I've had an erotic novella, Silk and Steel, published by Siren of Siren-Bookstrand.
My sweet romantic suspense, A Secret Treasure has been issued as an audio book by Audio Lark.
I'm one of several authors appearing in an anthology, Cupid Diaries, published by Classic Romance Revival.
This week I'm going to talk about pace in romance, how I create my characters, what I put in and what I leave out, medieval cooking and recipes and today, a few of my favourite places.
Ten of my favourite places:
1. Favourite beach – Holkham Sands in Norfolk.
2. Favourite castle – Alnwick castle in Northumberland (The ‘Hogwarts’ of the ‘Harry Potter’ films.)
3. Favourite spa – Bath in Somerset. (The Aquae Sulis of my historical romance, Flavia’s Secret.)
4. Favourite cathedral – Lincoln cathedral. Its setting, architecture and sheer scale are all amazing.
5. Favourite European country to visit. Italy. Opera and bella figura. Lovely!
6. Favourite Italian city – Bologna. It has the oldest university in Europe, wonderful arcades and bookshops and superb food.
7. Favourite Greek island – Corfu and Rhodes. These two islands are so stunning and the people so friendly that I can’t choose between them.
8. Favourite ancient ritual site – the whole mysterious complex of Silbury Hill and Avebury in Wiltshire.
9. Favourite ancient woodland – some of the woodlands in Cambridgeshire. Wandering in them makes me realize all a wood can be, and how beautiful.
10. Favourite bookshop. Any that stocks my books!
How about you? What and where are your favourite places?