Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, February 27, 2012


Long and Short Reviews is pleased to welcome inspirational authorPamela Thibodeaux whose newest book The Visionary was released in November from Five Star Expressions. It deals openly and candidly with adult survivors of extreme child abuse and the pain they endure to find healing and wholeness.

A Visionary is someone who sees into the future Taylor Forrestier sees into the past but only as it pertains to her work. Hailed by her peers as “a visionary with an instinct for beauty and an eye for the unique” Taylor is undoubtedly a brilliant architect and gifted designer. But she and twin brother Trevor share more than a successful business. The two share a childhood wrought with lies and deceit and the kind of abuse that’s disgustingly prevalent in today’s society. Can the love of God and the awesome healing power of His grace and mercy free the twins from their past and open their hearts to the good plan and the future He has for their lives? Find out in…The Visionary ~Where the awesome power of God's love heals the most wounded of souls.
"The hardest part of writing The Visionary was depicting the gruesome abuse the twins suffered as children," she said, "and then realistically portraying the healing available through the awesome power of God's love and their struggle for relief from a past too horrendous to live with any longer."

"What comes first," I asked, "the plot or the characters?"

She laughed. "If I had the answer to that I'd be much more prolific! Seriously, each story is different. Sometimes a character will come to me and start talking about his or her life. Other times a plot will come to me from a thought, song, news report, or merely a word. And yet others, I may have a dream or vision of some incident and just start writing. Many folks get ideas and plot out everything with character sketches and/or interviews, etc - I envy them. I am 100% SOTP writer."

Titles, for her, are about as elusive as plot and characters. Occasionally she will get the title first and then develop the story around it, but more often the title will come from something one of the characters say.

"For instance, in one novel, the hero's grandfather makes the comment, Only when hearts are tempered, minds are open and wills are softened can man discern the will of God for his life—hence the title, Tempered Hearts," she explained. "In my latest novel it came to light that the heroine, Taylor Forrestier, is hailed by her peers as a visionary with an instinct for beauty and an eye for the unique and from that came my title The Visionary."

When Pamela's not writing, she likes to read.

"We all have our vices. Some folks go on eating binges, others drinking binges and then there's gambling and other forms of entertainment or maybe compulsive behavior. My main vice is reading, and please, don't turn me loose in a book store with any substantial amount of cash or open credit card," she said with a laugh. "Depending on the size of the book, I'll read a novel a day several days in a row until the need is satiated."

Pamela told me she absolutely loves the creative process.

"Nothing delights me more than to watch a story unfold and the twists and turns a plot can take when the characters invite (or sometimes drag me along) on the adventure that comprises their life," she said.

She admitted that she's not strictly disciplined when it comes to her writing, even though she feels like she needs to because she's not written anything new in a while.

"I've completed a couple WIP's and edited existing projects, but nothing brand new—and how I long to just throw everything out and start fresh," she told me with a laugh. "However, when I am actively writing, I write—very little editing, or working on other projects, limited time online, not much networking or blogging, sleep comes only in snatches, meals are scarce and light, and definitely no playing! Many writers have a routine or schedule and the perfect music to aid their creative process. For me, a little background noise (TV or radio in the other room) is OK but mostly I have to have quiet when I'm writing otherwise I get sidetracked way too easily."

On a more personal note, I asked, "What is your favorite animal?"

"Horses are by far my favorite animal. Nothing is more soothing to a battered spirit than being on horseback with God's glorious creation all around."

Other favorites include pizza, especially if it's loaded with mushrooms or spinach, and ice-cold Coke.

"Nothing beats the taste of an ice cold Coke," she explained to me, "especially when you don't keep them in the house and dream about one all night long." She laughed. "Once I met my husband for coffee and breakfast and ordered a Coke first."

Unfortunately, her husband died in 2009 and, if she could, that's the one experience she would erase from her past.

"Have you ever cried during a movie?" I wanted to know.

"I think the proper question would be have you ever not cried during a movie!" She laughed. "Depending on the type of movie I'm either shedding tears of sorrow, joy, or just plain awe."

Finally, I asked, "To what or whom do you credit your success?"

"Many people have a love/hate relationship with their muse. My muse is the Holy Spirit and I accredit every ounce of success to the grace of God because without HIM I seriously doubt I could write a single word, much less stories that bring hope and healing to so many."

About the Author:
Award-winning author, Pamela S. Thibodeaux is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”

Buy the book at:


Find the author online at:

Website address:


Bayou Writers Group:




Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thank you Marianne & Judy for the lovely interview and a chance to be featured on LASR!

God Bless you both!

Dora Hiers said...

Give me pineapple and sausage on my pizza and iced tea for breakfast. Now you have me craving a Coke. lol

Congrats on your success, Pamela. Thank you, Marianne and Judy, for featuring some awesome interviews.

Marianne Evans said...

Lovely interview, Pam!! God bless, and keep up the great work in HIS name!!!!

B. J. Robinson said...

Excellent interview and interesting. Blessings, BJ Robinson

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Oh no, Dora not you too...Pizza for breakfast - yeah! LOL.

Thanks Marianne & BJ for your sweet comments!

Thank you ALL for dropping by!

Sharon said...

Great interview. Thanks for letting us peek into your life.

Donna B said...

Wonderful interview, Pam! Loved the story! The Visionary is definitely my favorite and you know it!

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Thanks Sharon & Donna - your support is greatly appreciated!

God Bless.