Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday Spotlight: A Clockwork Christmas Authors

All a Steampunk Author Wants for Christmas
by
A Clockwork Christmas authors





So, now it's time for the A Clockwork Christmas authors to confess what their dream steampunk devices would be. Remember, comment on any post this week to go in the draw to win a set of A Clockwork Christmas romance trading cards.



***

J K Coi



My ideal steampunk device? Well, I asked my son this question because he’s also fascinated by steampunk, and he said … a steampunk Transformer! Wouldn’t that be cool?







***

P G Forte



I think  my ideal steampunk device already exists, at least in some fashion: a steampowered coffee maker.  Really, what more could an author want?



In the fantasy realm, however, I would love a telectroscope.  http://gothamist.com/2008/05/22/telectroscope_t.php#photo-1



***

Stacy Gail



Oh, this one is EASY.  I love writing on my laptop, really.  Sometimes, though, a story will hit a brick wall, and that’s when I throw my brain a change-up and reach for a pen.  What I wouldn’t give to reach for a pen like this one:



http://mental-design.blogspot.com/



But I would like to add a few things to it:


  • A Taser device

  • A blowgun equipped with tranquilizer darts

  • A perfume atomizer (filled with Pleasures, from Estee Lauder =D)

  • Lip balm

  • Maybe a Geiger counter or zombie detector built into the handle.  You know… just in case.


***

Jenny Schwartz



I wish I owned a Cabinet of Curiosities House, one that unfolded like a pop-up book, shooting out new rooms as and when they were needed. It would be so convenient. Guest bedrooms that only needed cleaning when someone visited. A dining room that only emerged at Christmas or big formal gatherings. More spectacularly, imagine having a fold-out ballroom or a dirigible landing platform? Yup, I definitely want a Cabine of Curiosities House.



However, in the real world, I'm happy to settle for my beloved copy of "The Steampunk Bible" (http://steampunkbible.com/). It's full of inspiration and provides a strong sense of the vibrant Steampunk community -- one which welcomes everyone! I love the fantastic Steampunk ethos Bruce Sterling shares in the book, "The past is a kind of future that has already happened." p.13.



***

How about you? Any steampunk devices you wish you had? Or are lucky enough to own? Or make us truly envious and tell us about anything steampunkish that you've created.



***

A Clockwork Christmas







We Wish You a Steampunk Christmas



Changed forever after tragedy, a woman must draw strength from her husband's love. A man learns that love isn't always what you expect. A thief steals the heart of a vengeful professor. And an American inventor finds love Down Under. Enjoy Victorian Christmas with a clockwork twist in these four steampunk novellas.



Anthology includes:



"Crime Wave in a Corset" by Stacy Gail

"This Winter Heart" by PG Forte

"Wanted: One Scoundrel" by Jenny Schwartz

"Far From Broken" by JK Coi



Stories also available for purchase separately.

No comments: