Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Spotlight: Karen Cote


A Talking What?

“No!”

“Come on Jet. You’re a character in my book, not the author. I call the shots.”

“What is it about women and talking? First Lily, when all I want is sleep and now you. I mean, I appreciate a good conversation and all but you’re not getting me in front of no camera.”

“It’s not a camera, Jet. It’s a website. Your avatar is already built now just say a few words to your fans.”

“Exactly. My fans. Not yours. I should get to decide if I want to talk to them or not.”

“Jet, you have to talk to them. It’s called promoting.”

“That’s crap. I don’t need to promote anything. I’m a sheriff and I have a gun. Don’t make me shoot you.”

“Mark recorded his message. Maybe I should make him the hero. In fact, he might just be what Lily needs.” *chuckle* “Is that a glare I see, Jet?”

“My deputy can’t handle Lily so it’d be best if you keep things just as they are.”

“Only if you record your message.”

“Why create this talking website anyway? Just so you could torture your characters?”

“Well, everyone else was happy to tell people about themselves. Besides, I also do reader reviews and author interviews. Believe me, fans are thrilled to hear author’s speak in actual voices about their book. I also do charity events on it.”

“Charity? Fine! But no flowery speeches Where do I go for this weird website?”




5 comments:

Rosemary Gemmell said...

That's a great way to introduce your character and show, Karen!

Karen Cote said...

Thank you Rosemary! Isn't Christmas Time the best? Thank you for the kind words and for stopping by.

Kayelle Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayelle Allen said...

All right, let me try that again. I can't type worth a flip today.

What I was trying to say was good luck getting Jet to cooperate. It didn't come out that way at all, and I hit publish instead of preview so it... uh, never mind. Good article! LOL ;O

Karen Cote said...

LOL...I love you Kayelle!! You did better than I did though...I commented on the wrong featured day... Oh well...you stopped by and that's what matters as did Rosemary.

Hugs my friend.