Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Spotlight: Rachel Rossano

Book Hoarder


I am a book hoarder.

There! I have admitted it.

I love to read, collect, and keep books. What makes this even worse, or better depending on your prospective, is that I married a fellow book enthusiast. Moving into our first apartment, both of us brought more books than any other item. Boxes and boxes filled the living room and we didn’t have enough shelves for them all.

Here we are, happily married for over a dozen years, and books still crowd our life. There are shelves in every room, piled high and overflowing despite the fact I have packed away most of my fiction collection to make room for the children. The kids have added to the family library with board books and picture books. Before long school books will be joining the stacks.

Just recently, I have discovered a new, less cluttered way to collect books, on the computer. I heard about the Kindle, Nook, and other ebook readers as they appeared on the market. Despite my rampant book lust, I have refrained from spending the money to acquire one. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it when other needs were so pressing. However, now I gained a new laptop (a Christmas gift from my wonderful hubby) and I discovered Kindle for the PC.

I am happily accumulating a collection of books on my laptop. It is less cluttering than gathering the more traditional tomes. But it doesn’t really help with my current more pressing problem: finding the time to read.

How do you acquire your reading materials and what do you do with them when you are through?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Rachel Rossano, authoress of The Mercenary’s Marriage, buries herself in books between diapers, bottles, and preschool transportation for her three little ones. Her books are available on Amazon and Smashwords.

She blogs (http://rachel-rossano.blogspot.com) and keeps her fans up to date on her current activities on her Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Rossanos-Rambles/240421865704). You can also visit her website (http://anavrea.webs.com).

4 comments:

Roseanne's Spot said...

I can so relate to your book hoarding. I have 2,500+ books. I have to say + because I can't help but keep adding more. Okay. I'm a hoarder, but I'm a happy one :) And I already have 600 books on my Kindle for PC - I don't even own a Kindle yet. Joyful me. I love it!! I haven't had to add another bookshelf to my crowded house. At least, not for the Kindle books. Just found another bookshelf today. So happy, but now for rearranging the house (again). Fun to see I'm not the only book hoarder out there.

Rachel Rossano said...

Hi Roseanne, it is nice to know I am not alone in my book obsession. So few of the people I meet can relate. :)

Laurean Brooks said...

Rachel, I have an attachment to books, too. Especially if it's a good one. Nothing upsets me more than to loan one of my favorites and not get it back.

Rachel Rossano said...

Oh, Laurean, there are some books that I don't loan for exactly that reason. :)