Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday Spotlight: Rachel Rossano

10 things most people don't know about me (Rachel Rossano)


1) I am a writer of romantic fiction. It is strange, but true. Most of the people who know me do not know I write romance novels in my free time. I really need to work on that.

2) I love BBC costume dramas, especially the ones based on books. I spend hours watching and re-watching miniseries based on Elizabeth Gaskell’s novels or multiple adaptations of Jane Austen. I own copies of almost every version of Jane Eyre filmed.

3) I indulge in reading and movie binges. Jane Austen, Georgette Heyer, tomes on historical figures, Orson Scott Card, Diana Wynne Jones, I read or watch them all in spurts.

4) I am a closet introvert. Yes, I am good at the extrovert behavior. Friendly smiles, eager questions, there is that side of me. But, underneath, I am very insecure, uncertain, and scared of saying something stupid or hurtful by accident.

5) I was a weird teenager. Instead of all the rebellion when trying to find myself, I went the “different” route. I wore skirts with leggings underneath, climbed trees, and roller-skated to Disney music. Not exactly teenager behavior.

6) I dislike talking on the telephone. I much prefer a face-to-face conversation where I can read all of those non-verbal cues that are not visible over the telephone.

7) I love lima beans.

8) I like my minivan. I have wanted one from the moment we were pregnant with our first kid.

9) I am a pseudo-vegetarian. What is a pseudo-vegetarian? I don’t like most meats (fish and poultry included), but I have been known to rarely eat bacon, sausage, and an occasional hot dog.

10) I really don’t like folding laundry. I don’t mind washing it and I don’t mind putting it away, but folding it is a task I would avoid if I could.

What are aspects of yourself do others rarely see?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Rachel Rossano, authoress of The Mercenary’s Marriage, buries herself in books between diapers, bottles, and preschool transportation for her three little ones. Her books are available on Amazon and Smashwords.

She blogs (http://rachel-rossano.blogspot.com) and keeps her fans up to date on her current activities on her Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-Rossanos-Rambles/240421865704). You can also visit her website (http://anavrea.webs.com).

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Of all of the household chores that I do I hate dusting. It has to be the worse job ever, because it is never done. there is always more dust.

Rachel Rossano said...

I have given up on getting dusting done more than once a month, maybe. It is horrendous but true. :)