Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Spotlight: Kathleen Ann Gallagher

A Time For Romance
by Kathleen Ann Gallagher


Spring romances are in full bloom when the month of April comes around. Even if you’re married, you can rekindle your love affair with your husband. Make believe it’s your first encounter and try to remember all the little things you found appealing about him when you first met. A night alone could turn out to be a romantic rendezvous.

If you’re lucky enough to have someone keep the kids for the night, the two of you can retreat to the privacy of your home, light a few candles and you never know what could happen.

Madeline Young, my heroine from Echoes at Dawn, melted when Nat Griffin held her close as they danced under the stars.

Here’s the excerpt.

Nat took my hand, put out the candles, and slowly led me upstairs. He told me to close my eyes and guided me outside.

“Okay, open your eyes now.” He gently moved my shoulders and faced me in the right direction.

In front of me was picturesque scenery, with trees as far as the eye could see. It was lovely and the stars sparkled in the sky above us. "It’s amazing up here,” I said.

Vintage lampposts in the corner gave an ambiance of romance. Trees with auburn tipped leaves surrounded by tones of yellow and brown filled the area. Tiny lights sparkled in between the winding trails. The peaceful sound of a fountain trickled gracefully in the background. It was a magical garden.

“I come up here to relax and just breathe,” he said.

“Oh, Nat, this is amazing.”

He turned on the stereo upstairs. Before I could realize it, we were slow dancing. Nat gently placed his arms around me, as our bodies connected on every beat.
~~~~~


Enjoy the night and the stars!

You can find me at Kathleen at http://KathleenAnnGallagher.net
Echoes at Dawn available at Decadent Publishing

4 comments:

cheryl c said...

Sweet excerpt!

castings at mindspring dot com

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

Thank you, Cheryl.

Seleste said...

*sigh* I do so love a man who can dance. My husband once slow danced with me in the middle of a Dairy Queen just because I liked the song that was playing. That's when I knew I had to marry him. <3

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

Ahh! When a man falls in love he does all kinds of sweet things. There's something so romantic about a slow dance.