Let’s start with the only exception – Lucas has nothing to do with my life in any way, shape, or form. He is strictly and utterly a figment of my imagination.
Which leaves Olivia who’s never experienced a Valentine’s Day as they are supposed to happen. Neither have I. So for me, the holiday has no great charm; I don’t care about it one way or the other.
Let’s make a list:
- Discovered a significant other’s affair on Valentines? Yup.
- Delivered flowers to my high school boyfriend’s other girlfriend? Yup.
- Had a significant other who wanted every woman but me? Yup.
- Had a boyfriend leave a dance with someone else? Well, not exactly, but close.
- Had a cheating significant other thank me for showing him how to love someone else? Yup too.