Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Spotlight: Kathleen Ann Gallagher

Spring Memories
By Kathleen Ann Gallagher


When I was a young girl I looked forward to marching in the Easter parade in my hometown. My older sister would help me find the prettiest bonnet and purse to match my outfit. The dress I loved the most was a bright pink one with large multicolored polka dots. I thought I looked like a movie-star in it. My mother set my hair the night before to smooth the curls. I wore a pair of white patent leather shoes, white gloves, and frilly socks. Easter time holds some of my fondest memories.

The next best thing about Easter was when we colored the eggs. My mother lined the kitchen table with newspaper, and I would blend the colors. I used the special crayon included in the kit to personalize each one.

I couldn’t wait to open my Easter basket and find my favorite treats. I believe my appreciation for all things chocolate started as a child. Madeline Young, the heroine of my release, Echoes at Dawn happens to be a chocoholic. I think some of you may relate to her.

Here’s the blurb.

The strangely intertwined lives of a widowed woman, her dementia plagued mother, and a charismatic bachelor come together in order to show that in life, there are no coincidences… only destiny.

Waterfront restaurant chef Madeline Young adores her job. If only her love and family lives were as successful as her career. Her doubts as a parent pass through her mind when her teenage son is taken to the emergency room for alcohol poisoning. Madeline’s mother wants her to find true happiness and enlists the help of her deceased twin sister, Mary. An early dawn visit from a spirit directs her to volunteer at the local hospitals center for addiction recovery.

Nathaniel Griffin, a part-time counselor and contractor, fascinates his clients with his lectures. In keeping with his viewpoint of professionalism, Nat prefers to keep his personal life private. When he connects with Madeline, Nat must confront his marred past. Is he willing to face his demons or take the easier path and remain isolated?

Can unworldly ghosts save this couple from their own self-destructive behavior?


I am a registered nurse who works in an emergency room. On my days off, I spend most of my time writing, and reading, okay and shopping. I am married to the love of my life, Joseph, who has the patience of a saint. We live in Central New Jersey. I have two wonderful sons, and an amazing daughter, who are all grown. I am blessed with three adorable grandsons. I have been writing since I was a young girl of. My favorite weekend escape is Cape May, New Jersey. I can always dream up a magical tale, while relaxing under an umbrella, on one of their pristine beaches.


Website http://KathleenAnnGallagher.net
ECHOES AT DAWN AVAILABLE AT http://www.DecadentPublishing.com

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Dying Easter eggs was one of my favorite things when I was young and for my children too as they were growing up.
mce1011 AT aol DOT com

cheryl c said...

Oh, I remember so well the new dress for Easter with hat, gloves, and purse. Things have become more casual for Easter these days.
castings at mindspring dot com

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

This event was a wonderful and memorable time spent with my mother, Maureen.

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

Things have become more casual, Cheryl. It was so much fun to dress up.

Cathy M said...

Sounds like some wonderful family memories, Kathleen.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Kathleen Ann Gallagher's Place to Reflect said...

As time goes on, I treasure my family memories more and more, Cathy.

JM said...

One of my favorite memories of easter was the newspaper. Remember the pages of easter art you could cut out and color? I think you could send them in for a contest, but I always kept them. I wish they still did that for kids now. I know my daughter would love to color them.

Seleste said...

I loved coloring eggs as a kid, but I was never into the dresses and stuff. I was always a jeans girl at heart, but mom forced me into dresses for school and whatnot all the time, so Easter was just another dress I was forced to wear. I wish I would have been able to see it as something more special. It's one of the reasons I let my daughter where pretty much whatever she wants, that way on the rare occasion I want to dress her up, it stands out for her.