Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Spotlight: Sandra Sookoo

What’s it gonna be?

Duck, duck, goose!  Remember that game when you were a kid?  Everyone sitting in a circle hoping or not hoping to get picked?  Well, we’re going to play a little game kind of like that right now.

Genre, genre, how’s got the genre?

I want to know what sub-genre of romance tickles your fancy, gets you all hot and bothered, or generally trips your trigger!

Paranormal?  Maybe vampires, werewolves, witches and ghosts do it?

Historical?  Does the pageantry of getting swept away into a by-gone era float your boat?

How about Contemporary?  Love the modern day feel of boy-meets-girl?

Maybe Romantic Suspense?  Chilling on the edge of your seat? Will they foil the murderer?

Sci-fi/fantasy?  Does the idea of wizards or fantastical worlds make you smile?  How about a romance set among the stars?

Or do you prefer an Erotic mix of any of the above?  A little something that will make you tingle?

Why do I want to know?  Well, I’m curious.  What would you like to see more of out in the market?  What are you completely sick and tired of?

And here’s the payoff.  One lucky commenter will have the option of naming a heroine or hero in one of my upcoming books plus get their name on the acknowledgment page.  Not bad, huh?

Remember to leave your email address with your comment.


Naomi Musch said...

Good morning, Sandra! I've been enjoying your posts this week. Well, historicals float my boat by a long shot. I usually go for inspirational, but not always. I don't get sick of them. BUT I do get tired of Amish romances. They're all the rage, but I've gotten outta the buggy...

katsrus said...

I love paranormals. but; if the book is good I love any genre. I am sick of FBI stories. That's all I used to read were romantic suspense & they mostly were FBI ones.
Sue B

Jen B. said...

I like to read a mix of everything. You asked what am I sick of. Well, the ricidulously needy heroine and the stupid hero who never-the-less saves the day. It doesn't matter if it's historical or sci-fi, it's just annoying. The flip side, what would I like to see more of. That's easy. I am really enjoying the romance books that mix it up a little. I think Steampunk is a lot of fun. But, I recently read a werewolf, Regency that was great BECAUSE it was Regency first and OH, BTW this guy is a werewolf. I also wish there were more book where the characters read like real people. Let's face it, people often say the wrong thing or don't say anything at all. In romance novels, people are often able to say the right thing at the exact right moment. I don't know if that is what you were looking for, but that's me two cents.

Sandra Sookoo said...

Thanks for commenting ladies! :-) I'm loving your answers and I'll see what I can do for you in the future!

Stormy said...

Hi Sandra, The one thing I keep seeing over and over and it's gone from exotic to predictable is the red headed/green eyed heroine. You don't see it so much in the men but it seems like every other book I read has a red head in the lead. It's not that I'm against red head, I was one for over year recently, its just become predictable. What would I like to see more of a little more light heartedness in romance books. constant tension, misunderstandings due to lack of communication and emotional gymnastics simply wear me out!! I love small town romance or regency historicals, courtships that make me go "ahhhhhh", and werewolves that make me go "oh wow"!!!

Maggi Andersen said...

I'm into historical romantic suspense. A bigger story and a mystery as well as a hot romance.

wanda f said...

Paranormals are my main love but coming in second are historicals about Highlanders .Not realy a genre itself but any romance with humor I love laughing with the characters.

Historical Writer/Editor said...

Hello, I really like paranormal and historical, and when they're blended, that's even better. :) -laura
L_Hogg at comcast dot net

Sandra Sookoo said...

Winner of my contest to name a character is....Sue! please email me your mailing address for the book swag and I'll give you details about the character!

Thank you all for coming out!