Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday Spotlight: Kiss Carson


Being a fantasy/paranormal romance writer, I am often asked about inspiration. What made you think of that? Where did you get the idea from? It must be really weird inside your head. Uh hum...Okay, so I made the last one up. I’m a writer, what did you expect?

Inspiration comes from many places; television shows, music, lyrics, paintings, something someone said. The list is endless. I have no one place I go to for ideas. However, music must be my main source. "Saviour" by Thirty Seconds to Mars spurs me on with my current work in progress. For my upcoming release, Come The Blue Moon, "Hunter" by Thirty Seconds to Mars, and "Hunting High and Low" by Aha (now that’s showing my age). For Calypso’s Curse, "Take a Bow" by Rihanna. In the Shadows of Angels, "Jai Ho (You Are My Destiny)" by Pussycat Dolls, along with several others.

My music lists are quite eclectic. I enjoy Evanescence, Thirty Seconds to Mars, My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy when I’m writing action scenes. Some Evanescence songs are great for love scenes, too. But in a heartbeat, I could be listening to Romantic Piano Moods, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar or Andre Rieu. When I’m really stuck I go straight to Phantom of the Opera. The music and atmosphere is just so...well, inspiring!

What I listen to really depends on what I’m trying to write, and it’s not a conscious choice. Half the time I don’t even realize I’ve changed the music to suit my writing mood, or I’ve changed my writing mood to match the music playing.

So I can guess I can say that my inspiration comes mainly from music.


wanda f said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
wanda f said...

Music has a huge part of every one of my days I am always running from one task to another at work and at home its usually errands cleaning and cooking I love listening to a local station that plays music to keep you upbeat and moving .I think without it I would just slow to a crawl and nothing would get done it would be utter chaos. lol