Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Spotlight: F.L. Bicknell

Since this 2010/2011 winter has been a nasty one—and few in the U.S. this winter have had decent weather!—I grew so tired of being stuck inside, so I began walking up the road that traverses this hill to the main highway about four-hundred or so yards below us. Some days it’s either too darn cold at minus ten degrees or the road itself is too slick to travel, but I try to go out at least twice a week.

The area I walk is bordered and overshadowed by trees on both sides. There are many hickory trees, so squirrels are abundant too—and they’re very plump due to the abundance of nuts last fall. I have fun watching these little tree rats. They’ll peek around the trunks at me like curious children or leap from branch to branch as they chase one another.

Birds are everywhere, and the atmosphere of snow-covered branches, the quiet woods, a white road, and the crisp air is one that often makes me realize how nature is so grand and how we all should appreciate it.

Many a stroll up this hill and back down again has had me stewing on works in progress and ideas for others. And what really gets my cogs turning are the amount of tracks I found in the new snow. There are deer tracks, rabbit, raccoon, opossum, mice, squirrel, coyote, wild dog, fox, panther, etc. Seeing all these prints adds fuel to the paranormal side of my writing psyche, especially since I write werewolf romance and love to read it too!

Consider a walk at least two or three times a week, if possible. Not only is it good for your health, but if you’re a writer, such walks do wonders for the muse. Even if you’re in the city, the array of people and sites can stimulate creativity.

This ends my week at Long and Short Reviews. A big thank you goes out to all who stopped by to read the small pieces of my world I’ve shared here.

Elizabeth “Lizzy” Shaw has had a rough life. Chased out of town years ago by one of the community’s leaders, Lizzy has finally returned. However, living with her virtuous grandmother exercises Lizzy’s patience, especially when Lizzy’s mother, who was an aspiring actress, tarnished her reputation by changing boyfriends as frequently as her nail polish.

Regardless, Daniel Rivers, the love she left behind, wants Lizzy back. He demands to know why she left town and why she never replied to any of his letters. Lizzy can’t let Daniel know her secret, but she can’t resist his crooked smile and warm, brown eyes either. Sparks fly between the couple, but Lizzy is determined not to make the same mistake with Daniel. However, when Lizzy is kidnapped by one of her mother’s old boyfriends, it puts life in a different perspective for Lizzy and she realizes she must tell Daniel about his son.

Can Lizzy resist the lure of Daniel’s touch, the way her entire body responds to him every time he glances her way? Or will the truth about Daniel’s son tear them apart a second time?


Teresa K. said...

I really must get this book. This sounds like it's going to be a real thriller.

Thanks for being here all week.

Teresa K.

tcwgrlup41(at) yahoo dot com

Faith said...

Well, I hope you enjoy it, Teresa. And if you do buy and read it, write to me and let me know if you solve the mystery in Feathers of Silver or if it shocks you, lol.


Janice said...

Your lucky to have such a lovely place to walk right outside your door.


Faith said...

Although we love our home and are thankful for it, our dream is to own a home before much longer.