Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday Spotlight: Ashlyn Chase

Authors Need Independent Booksellers!

My local Annie's Book Stop in Salem, NH, just closed its doors. It was a sad day for me. It had become a second home.  The owner Rose knew her customers and hand sold books she knew they'd like.  She was also my first reader on occasion!  That says quite a lot about how much I trusted Rose’s opinion.

Anyway, Strange Neighbors my first mass market paperback hit Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. in May 2010. Book 2 in the series. The Werewolf Upstairs released Feb 1st, and I'd love to share the news with booksellers like Rose.  Here's a press release. You can do me a solid by sending this to your local Indy bookseller, newspaper, or library.

Contact: Ashlyn Chase
For immediate release

Raymond, NH – Former nurse finds happiness writing romance novels.

Ashlyn Chase, after twenty years of nursing, decided to try her hand at writing fiction for modern women. While she learned the basics of writing a novel, Chase monitored her reading choices and found she liked reading the ‘hot stuff.’ As soon as she made that admission and stopped blushing, she thought she might try writing it. It took a while longer to discover her niche, but over-the-top, romantic comedy is her forte. “I don’t know where my wild ideas come from. Blame Thalia, the muse of comedy. I just have fun with them and am delighted when I can entertain others with my warped sense of humor. We can all use more laughter and love in our lives,” Chase said.

Her reviews have been consistently excellent, and her first mass market paperback, Strange Neighbors is garnering even more positive attention. Publisher’s Weekly wrote such a glowing review it caught the eye of a Hollywood Producer, who is considering the series! Book one has already been contracted for a Thai translation. She is confident that her second book in the series will fare very well too.

She quips, “If you think all romance novels are the same, try one of mine.”  Readers appreciate her modern tongue-in-cheek dialogue and highly original story lines.  Her books are geared toward adult women, but recent mail indicates more and more men are reading them too.

You may order her books from her publisher Sourcebooks or your usual distributor.  Ashlyn Chase is happy to send promotional materials to libraries, bookstores or readers’ groups upon request. You can email her at or send a note to: Ashlyn Chase, PO Box 270, Raymond, NH, 03077. 

Thank you!

NOTE: In addition to being included in the weekly drawing, one lucky commenter on today's post will receive a copy of The Werewolf Upstairs.


Kat Duncan said...

Great post, Ashlyn. I read Strange Neighbors and loved it! Can't wait to read the next and the next...

Ashlyn Chase said...

Thank you, Kat! Your support means the world!

Jeanne M said...


I loved your post. I can really understand your loss when Annie's Bookstore closed. Our only local bookstore closed a few weeks ago and I really miss it.

I can't wait to read your latest book!

booklover0226 said...

Hi, Ashlyn.

Small bookstores are closing around here, too. (I live in MD).

It's so sad; they have such a welcoming, comfy feel to them.

Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Maureen said...

I don't know of any local bookstores except a used one. We had one years ago but once the box stores came it had to close.
mce101 aT aol DOT com

Ashlyn Chase said...

Annies was used books too, Maureen. Rose bought new sometimes too. She bought all of mine...such a sweetheart.

Christine H said...

Hey Ash! I'll have to think about it. I'm not sure about any smaller bookstores. Only one I know about is Rose's and it's a used book store. But I'll look it up in the phone book well actually online lol and send your letter around to who I can find. Hope that helps!

Congrats on all the great things that have been happening since you wrote this wonderful series!!!

Love & Hugs, Christine