Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday Spotlight: Elaine Hopper

Every year I promise myself I won’t let Christmas drive me crazy. Don’t misunderstand. I love the season and especially the reason. However, the craziness often overwhelms me. Often, my writing slides during this time of year.

I’m sure I’m not the only writer who runs out of time and energy to write between Thanksgiving to the New Year (or in my case, my birthday which is a week before Thanksgiving, to the New Year). Or the only person, writer or not, who can’t fit everything we need, much less want to do, in twenty-four measly hours.

And yet, this year, I’ve signed up to be a guest blogger not only here at LASR, but at several other blogs. I must be certifiable.

I say that half-jokingly, as I love to blog and write and I love Christmas. However, I’m half-serious as my day-job is much busier in November and December than any other time of the year. I work a lot of overtime and skip most of my breaks, then exhausted, I drag home and fall into bed.

Thus, weekends that are devoted to writing the rest of the year, are devoted to Christmas preparations and celebrations with my family and friends during this time of the year. I feel guilty about writing and promoting less, however, I’d feel worse ignoring my loved ones. When my life comes to its end, I’ll be happier knowing I spent quality time with them rather than writing the most beloved book in the world.

That said, I love to write, and I’d love for my stories to live way beyond my years. But I will share a secret. I’ve written many Christmas stories, but I usually write them in July with Christmas movies and music playing in the background, sugar-cookie or peppermint scented candles burning in the house, and Christmas decorations adorning my writing spaces. Sometimes I even wear my Christmas socks and doo dads to get into the holiday spirit to take advantage of the time to do the stories justice.

If only I’d had the foresight to write Christmas blogs in July, too. Perhaps, this July I will.

 
Elaine Hopper writes sweet and paranormal romances. Currently a customer service manager for a charity that serves the poorest of the poor of the Caribbean and Latin America and of course romance writer, she's also served in the United States Air Force and worked as a Cost Pricing Analyst. Although she hasn't made it into outer space - yet- she marched and twirled flags throughout the south including New Orleans and Biloxi with the AF Drum and Bugle Corps.
Her blog can be found at:
She is published by:

No comments: