Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday Spotlight: J. S. Nichols


Marching To Your Own Beat

            It’s Tuesday, December 7, 2010. The carolers are singing and the weather is turning cool, but not in my debut novel, Come Back to Me. There it’s springtime on a cruise ship. The temperature’s up and the music blasting has nothing to do with the holidays.

Stretched out on a lounger wearing her black bikini is Erin Brady, heroine of Come Back to Me.  Right now, she’s soaking up the hot sun’s rays but when not sailing around the picturesque blue-green Caribbean waters, Erin is a Labor and Delivery (L&D) nurse in Tidewater, VA.

Erin is smart, feisty and beautiful. She’s one woman who isn’t afraid to say what she thinks, even in the face of danger. Whether in a bikini or wearing hospital scrubs, Erin is the first to rush to someone’s aid. She often leaps head-long into dangerous situations simply because she cannot stand to see anyone hurting. Unfortunately, she’s also the last to ask for help. Oh and she has a big secret…but to find out what is, you’ll have to read the book.

Today, we’re talking about one of Erin’s favorite charities. The March of Dimes.  Safe pregnancies are important to Erin. As a L&D nurse, she understands that despite our advances in science and medicine, there are some women who cannot get pregnant and others who cannot remain pregnant long enough to deliver a full-term baby. Did you know premature birth is the leading killer of newborns in the US?

It’s why Erin and I support the March of Dimes. To learn more information about this amazing organization, founded by Franklin D. Roosevelt go to http://www.marchofdimes.com/.

Have a wonderful day!


8 comments:

Maureen said...

Erin sounds like a great character.
mce1011 AT aol DOT com

rita said...

Erin is my kind of gal. Love how you describe her.

Jess said...

Thanks Maureen and Rita. She's a big fan of the March of Dimes Walk for Babies as am I.

I donate and/or participate every year.

Thanks for commenting, ladies.

Jaye Garland said...

Hi Jess,
MOD's has been one of my long-time charities...even before I had my own two babies who are now grown and out on their own. I was lucky enough to have healthy kids. I had a friend from high school who gave birth to twin boys--both with birth defects. From then on, I've donated to the cause. Thanks for the gentle reminder! Hugs, Jaye

Jess said...

Hi Jaye,

MOD is a cause close to my heart. Without their research into the warning signs of premature labor, I wouldn't have known to go to the hospital at 29 weeks.

Thanks to MOD research, modern medicine, brilliant doctors and God, I have a healthy child today.

donthangupthequill said...

Thanks to the research of the March of Dimes before I was pregnant, I was able to have a healthy child even with the complications. He was my work's ambassador this year, too. Great charity. And I can't wait to find out Erin's secret!!!

-Abigail

Valerie Bowman said...

Love a feisty heroine! I know many who have been helped by MOD. Great charity!

Carla said...

Great cause, Jess! I lost 3 babies to miscarriage. I prefer to think that up in Heaven, there are 3 little angels watching over me and my family. We'll meet some day. In the mean time I have 2 healthy teenage boys who mean the world to me.

Hugs to you and Erin! :)