Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Spotlight: Melissa Miller

Where Do Ideas Come From

This is a great question. I have people ask me that all the time. 

Ideas come from everywhere. I can be driving down the road in my car listening to the radio and  a song comes on I really like. They think they told so much in three minutes but there is so much more I could tell about that story. :) My mind gets to turning and I end up writing a book. I think, "What happened next?"

I listen to country music so there is always some story in a song. :) I can take 3 minutes and turn it into a 200 page book :).

Ideas come from all over. I can look through stock photos, take one look at a photo, create my cover and title and then write the story. I know that is the backwards way to do it :), but as I look at the cover all these ideas start flowing. I like to start with a title, then an outline. I may not stick to the outline exactly but it gives me an idea to start with anyway. 

I think as an author you just have all kind of ideas running wild in your head.

No comments: