Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Melissa Miller

What projects are you currently working on?

I'm always working on something :) 

My next book won't be out until next year sometime. I have it started but I have to find the time to finish it. :) 

People are always asking me, "What genre are you writing now?"  because I switch back and forth between romance and paranormal romance. :) 

Well my next book has a hint of mystery in it. It's called My Vampire Savior.  I like where it's going right now, but who knows. By the time I'm done with it I may have gone in a different direction. 

When I start a book I really don't know where I'm going with it. I may start out writing a mainstream romance, but before I'm done  my main character has turned into a witch and demons and vampires show up :)

I have no rhyme or reason to my writing. I just write what ever I'm thinking at the time. 

Everyone has their own method to writing. I've been asked how I do it. Well,  for me, I  don't use pen and paper. I sit down at my computer and I start typing. I just  let my fingers work their magic :)   

When I'm done it goes off to an editor to rip it to shreds for me. Even as the owner of a publishing company, it's good to get somebody else to read your work. Even if you are an editor and edit other books you need to let somebody else do yours. 

That's my advice to authors :) You're too close to your own work. What you think is perfect can always be improved. :) It's good to have a second set of eyes look at it.

No comments: