Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Jennifer Crusie

New York Times Bestselling author, Jennifer Crusie is with us this week to celebrate the release of her latest solo novel, "Maybe This Time".

Do you have something you do that your editor always has to edit? One thing that you do again and again and just can’t seem to help yourself? Come on, share your dirty little writing habits. We’re all friends here.

This would be a good question to ask my editor. She's really, really excellent, so I tend to do whatever she tells me to do or close to it, but I don't think there's anything I repeatedly do, except miss my deadlines. I'm awful at that.

Hindsight is 20/20, right? What’s the biggest, worst, funniest or most memorable mistake you’ve made with your writing?

You know, I don't do hindsight. The books were as good as I could make them at time and I think I have to honor the writer I was back then, somebody who was doing her best, and the fact that I'm smarter now doesn't make her work less.

What was your favorite fan letter (or email) and why?

Somebody told me I was like the Pope once. That stayed with me.


Want to know more? Visit Jenny at her website and blog.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

It's a good policy not to look back with regrets and what a funny picture.
mce1011 AT aol DOT com

Camichic said...

Jennifer makes a cool Pope--I don't get the connection, though, since I love Jen's work and the Pope irritates me.