Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Spotlight: KS Augustin


This topic seems to be a very popular one among readers. What are your hobbies and interests? Mine are a little strange, I think. I'll put down the top three and you see what you think.

Kite-flying. I don't get enough time (or steady wind) to do this as much as I'd like to. That's because high winds in this part of the world usually precedes a thunderstorm and I have no intention of imitating Benjamin Franklin! But, depending on what kite takes my mood, it's a pastime that can be relaxing, invigorating or just plain hard work. (I've got kites that can lift me off the ground, so a degree of care is always required.)

Fish-keeping. Yeah. I like keeping fish. We have koi in our large pond in the courtyard, but I also have a large aquarium in the house where I keep mostly angelfish and several species of tetras. I like watching little groups of fish as they whizz through the greenery of the aquarium. I like the simple elegance and markings of my angels. I like the way the koi come up and greet me in the morning...but only to check if I have their breakfast with me! The cats don't go near the koi who are well able to take care of themselves by splashing any too-curiouis animals with water. It's fun watching them.

Cooking. I cook to relax. I read cookbooks the way someone reads a novel, from cover to cover, and then I go cook from it. Our son, The Wast, seems to have also caught the cooking bug because he sometimes spends his free time browsing cookbooks as well. In fact, I have a new cooking blog up called "Cooking with Kaz". If you're interested, you can find it at

1 comment:

Pauline B Jones said...

I used to fly kites, or what my brothers try to find them when I was little, but not so much since I was older. What a fun hobby! And I am surrounded by foodies, while not quite managing to be one. I love food, but will eat fast food with same zest as high end stuff. lol

(You need to puff this spotlight week at the SFR brigade, girlfriend!)