Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Spotlight: Stephanie Burkhart

Hello, I'm Stephanie Burkhart and I write paranormal romance and historicals. This is my first visit to the LASR Author Spotlight and I'm excited to be here.

The Hungarian is my first novel with Desert Breeze Publishing. It is a sophisticated/intense paranormal romance and takes place in 1901 between England and Budapest. Count Matthias Duma harbors a dark secret, but when he meets a young British noblewoman, Katherine Archibald, he risks everything for her love.

It's currently available as an ebook through the Desert Breeze Website, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, the Sony ebook store, All Romance Books, and Books on Board.

My previous released work this year includes "Matchmaking Amusement" in the BeMused Anthology released through Desert Breeze, (4 books, Long & Short Reviews) and The Giving Meadow, a children's print book with 4RV Publishing about a caterpillar who travels through a meadow making friends. My short story, "Royal Pretender" was featured in the Cupid Diaries, published through Classic Romance Revival.

This week I'll be talking about creating settings in stories, creating characters, Hungarian recipes, ebook readers, and today some of my favorites. I spent over 7 years in the military stationed in Germany so I'll share some of my favorite German things. My 2nd favorite country in Europe: Denmark! I was married there in 1991.

My favorite German vacation spot:


My favorite German city:


My favorite German castle:

Neuschwanstein Castle

My favorite German beer:

Hefeweizen or Berliner Weiss

My favorite German food:

Steak with Krauterbutter

My favorite German pastime:


Link to The Hungarian book trailer:

Find me on the Web at:




Gina said...

Hi Stephanie,
Your experiences are so fascinating, and you are a wonderful writer! It's nice to learn a little bit more about you. Could you tell us a little more about your favorite German city, and does it play a role somehow in "The Hungarian"?
Good luck with your books!
Thank you,

Celia Yeary said...

STEPH--nice start to the week. Your current novel--The Hungarian sounds intriguing, and since I've read some experts, I know so! Have a great week--Celia

barribryan said...

I enjoyed reading about your favorite German things. It left me wondering - what in the world is Krauterbutter?

Good luck with your books.


StephB said...

Good morning, Ladies. Thanks for peeking in. hehe.

Barri - Krauterbuter is, of course, butter, but it's spiced with a little garlic and herbs. It's a little sweet, but it compliments the steak well.

Celia - Thank you, Sweetie. You're a hard act to follow. hehe. I'm glad you enjoyed the excerpts.

Gina - I love Berlin. When I was there it was a city that never slept and you could always find a bar open, but it wasn't just about that - Berlin holds so much history in it's city walls from Templehof airport, (The Berlin used during the Berlin Airlift) to the Wansee, Freedom Bridge, The Brandenburg Gate, and the Church and Palace of the German royal family in "east" Berlin to Treptow Park ( a Russian war memorial with 5 mass graves in which 1,000 people are buried in each) there's so much to learn and experience. You can't do Berlin in a day. You need a good week to discover everything.

Keena Kincaid said...

Thanks for explaining what krauterbuter is. All I could think of was cabbage with butter and that doesn't sound good with steak. :-)

I haven't had the opportunity to travel much in Germany. After hearing your tales, I definitely need to add Berlin to the list.

Sherry Gloag said...

Hi Stephanie
I enjoyed reading abour your german experiences. Hubby was there many years ago, but I've never been, you make me wish I had :-)

I, too, have read some excerpts from The Hungarian and I'm intrigued.

Hywela Lyn said...

Hi Stephanie, sorry I'm late at your spotlight it's been something of a hectic week (for a change! LOL!)

I too love Neuschwanstein Castle although I've never seen it 'for real'. I saw my first picture of itg when I was in my early teens and it looked like something out of a fairy tale, with the mist swirling around its foundations, almost looking as if it were floating on a cloud. What a beautiful, inspiring piece of architecture!