Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Spotlight: Annie Marshall

Yesterday, I shared with you about the first romance novel I read. Today, I’d like to share with you why I love to write about time-travel.

Thanks to Jude Deveraux, I love taking my characters not only to places they’ve never been, but time periods that couldn’t be possible.

He AND She

Warriors in their own time.

Worlds away and centuries apart.

Can a mere flash of lightning,

And the pull of a whirlwind bring them together?

Or will it tear them apart?


In my Warriors of Destiny series, there are thirteen, yes thirteen tales of time-travel that will whisk my heroes and heroines back and forth between our current time and Thirteenth and Fourteenth century Scotland.

All my heroes are tall and muscle bound, claymore wielding, alpha-males that are in need of a strong woman to not only give them a wee bit of grief, but stand by their side in their fight for their lands.

The first twelve of my heroines have two things in common. All are soldiers in the United States Army and they share the same parents. Twelve daughters of the King and Queen of the Fae Guardians; all sent ahead in time to learn how to be soldiers so that when they’re ready, they can be sent back to not only find their mates, but to be prepared for what is to come later.

The final book in this thirteen book series brings all the daughters and their warriors together to help their mother and father in their fight to save their lives and their way of life.

This series also brings another love of mine. Scotland. Though I’ve lived in Germany, I didn’t get the opportunity to make it over to Scotland. And oh, how I wish I had. I’ve often wondered what it would be like to travel back to Scotland with the knowledge that we have today…To go back and see the castles in all their majesty with the landscape virtually untouched…To sit in on a battle discussion of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce as they plan to do combat against the English…To find myself in the muscular, claymore wielding arms of my very own Highland Warrior who would move the mountains for me.

Tomorrow, I’ll discuss another love of mine…The Paranormal. Or more to the point, Ghosts!

4 comments:

Desirée Lee said...

I've read the first two. I'm eagerly awaiting the other 11 books in the series.

Carpe Noctem,
Des

Author Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great time and place to write--and read--about. I have a fascination with Scotland also, although I've never been either. Probably it has to do with my Scottish roots.

Virginia C said...

Hi, Annie! Alpha-Males definitely need their Ultra-Female mates! What a great series!

robynl said...

wow, 13; what a lot of info to keep in mind when writing. I admire you.

yourstrulee(at)sasktel(dot)net