Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday Spotlight: Franny Armstrong

What Puts Up Road Blocks (Writer’s Block) In A Story

Just when you think you’re on a roll and the story is going just where you want it, DOUBTING MATILDA, the negative muse, jumps on my shoulder and tells me I’m doing it all wrong. I hired ADAMN AMUSING to push her away and since then things have become much better.

ADAMN is a nice guy. He guides me and shows me where to go with the story and when I become stalled, I just go to sleep only to awake with more to tell. DM hasn’t been around in a while, thank goodness. Her nose must be out of joint!

When I hit a brick wall, I meditate for a while, running the story through my mind until suddenly, characters and plot emerge, begging to be released. I never go anywhere without the laptop now, even on vacation. While in the Dominican Republic last month, my mind became full of ideal characters as I studied not only the locals, but the people at the resort.

Yes, there’s nothing like having a positive muse on your shoulder to guide you, but to also kick some negative butt! The most important thing to remember when you flatten your nose against a wall is to take a break then keep trying. ‘You only fail if you don’t try!’


Franny Armstrong-ParaNovelGirl


Andrea I said...

I enjoyed your post and learning about DOUBTING MATILDA and ADAMN AMUSING.

ParaNovelGirl said...

Thank you Andrea.
They do keep me AMUSED. LOL