Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday Spotlight: Susan Palmquist

What Are You Working On?

Yesterday I told you all about my writing day; today I thought I’d tell you about the projects I’m working on. With my fiction, I just finished work on my first historical novella. It’s set in the Regency, a period in British history I really love to write about. A short period of time but so much happened and changed during those 11 years. I’m working on my second historical novella, also set in the Regency. This one has more humor in it.

Next project is a contemporary novella about mistaken identity. I’m having lots of fun with that one. And I’m also finishing the first draft of my next novel, a contemporary romantic suspense set in Portland, Oregon. When I’m done with those, it’s back to writing a mystery.

A couple of years ago I was longlisted in the Harry Bowling Prize, which is a contest for novels set in London. My entry When The Devil Comes To Call is about 25% finished so one of my goals for the year is to complete it. If I have any time left this year I want to write or at least start on the sequel to Death Likes Me. Hopefully, I’ll be able to squeeze in a few short stories now and then.

Non-fiction wise I’m putting together some book proposals for a couple of publishers. One is based on my blog The Budget Smart Girl’s Guide to the Universe, another one is writing related.

No comments: