Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Susan Palmquist

My Books

Before I became a freelance writer I worked in PR and was a publicist for three years so I’d be foolish not to give my books a shameless plug while I have your attention on this final day. So let me tell you about them.

I have a children’s book published by Hearts on Fire Books called The One and Only, it previously won the Loft Children’s Literature Award and was finally published a few years ago. Brandon Jones, the main character, is one of my favorites.

Death Likes Me, also published by Hearts on Fire Books, is a series mystery featuring another one of my favorites-- PI Niki Webber. I can’t wait to write the sequel and continue to tell her story.

A Sterling Affair-a paranormal romance about Sir Ian Ashby who comes back from the dead, and yes, the Regency. I’ve had lots of people tell me they laughed out loud when they read some of the scenes, which always brings a smile to a writer’s face. It’s published by The Wild Rose Press.

And my latest published by Lyrical Press is Sleeping With Fairies. It’s been listed as a fantasy but I like to think of it as a slightly paranormal contemporary. It’s set in Ireland and has humorous scenes like A Sterling Affair. In fact, if you read all my books, you quickly figure out I like to make readers laugh. While A Sterling Affair was all about the second chances we get in life, Sleeping with Fairies is all about the magical things that can happen to us if we truly believe in ourselves and our dreams.

So here we are. Day 5 already. I hope I’ve done my job, kept you entertained this past week, told you things about me you didn’t already know and hopefully, encouraged you to check out my work and read my books.

Thanks for having me, happy reading, writing and all the best.

No comments: