Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday Spotlight: Angie Fox

Why I love griffins

Hi, my name is Angie Fox and I write a series about a preschool teacher turned demon slayer who has to run off with her grandmother’s gang of geriatric biker witches. But what cracks me up is that some readers don’t even ask me about that.

Biker witches? Sure! Demon slaying preschool teachers? Why not? What a lot of readers most want to know is why the hero of the books, Dimitri, is a shapeshifting griffin.

My answer is always – why not? Don’t get me wrong – I love werewolves and vampires and all kinds of heroes. But frankly, I’m surprised we don’t see more griffins in paranormal books.

Aside from being sexy as all get out, griffins are known to be loyal, intense and strong. Griffins were even a symbol of marriage in the Medieval church because they mate for life. I can’t think of a better quality for a hero to have. And while griffins may not be your classic Alpha “my way or the highway” type of guys, they are tough and absolutely willing to leap tall mountains (literally) for the women they love.

In honor of Dimitri, and griffins everywhere, I’m giving away a copy of my latest book, A Tale of Two Demon Slayers. To enter, just answer the question here.


Lisa said...

I've never really thought about griffins in that way before. But they do have some great attributes. I love that they mate for life, not to mention their strength and loyalty.

Very cool.

Virginia C said...

Wow! Great post! I didn't know that griffins were so great! I'm gonna have to do some "griffin checkin'" : )

Dena said...

I've always thought Griffin's were cool. This info makes me like them even more. Thanks for the post Angie.

robynl said...

never heard of griffins before this; I like that they mate for life.

booklover0226 said...

I have been reading a fantasy series and a griffin is featured. At first, it was viewed as evil but by the second book, it was viewed as an ally not an enemy.

Tracey D