Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Spotlight: Angie Fox

Dangerous demons

Hi, my name is Angie Fox and I write the Accidental Demon Slayer series. It’s about a preschool teacher turned demon slayer who has to run off with her grandmother’s gang of geriatric biker witches. It happens every day, right?

The series has been a blast to write and I think I’ve had some of the most fun coming up with demons. Yes, they are scary. Yes, they are out to take over the world. But they have to have their own personalities and problems too.

In The Accidental Demon Slayer, Vlad the demon has been imprisoned by my heroine’s ancestor, who was one of the greatest demon slayers. But has he spent his time in the fifth level of hell just moping? No-sir-e-bob. Vlad is a bit of a mad scientist. He’s coming up with ways to beat demon slayer technology.

And then there are the sex-on-the-brain succubi in The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers. They’re out to conquer the world, one man at a time. Problem is, no one seems to take sexy creatures seriously. The magical bureaucracy has ignored the succubi problem in Las Vegas. After all, they’ve added a certain “what happens in Vegas…” charm. But demons, left to their own devices, will get out of hand.

Finally, you have the old family friends turned demonic in A Tale of Two Demon Slayers. This one was fun because they figured out how to use my heroine’s magic against her and it really forces her to take a look at her abilities, her powers and just what she’s willing to do to protect the people she loves.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your series sounds like fun to read. I am especially intrigued by Vlad. A demon who is tech-savvy and has an axe to grind? Quite a combination!

Caroline Clemmons said...

I can't wait to read your series. What fun!

debbie haupt said...

Angie, I love your books and you're a local author for me and I had two, two chances to meet you in February and was nixed once by weather and once because I was sick (didn't think you'd want to shake the hand and sign the book of someone with sniffles and sneezes)
Deb

debbie haupt said...

Oh and how could I forget to mention Pirate, I love him. I'm reading A Tale of Two Demon Slayers right now and am laughing out loud at the crazy antics of this crazy mut. He has just found "his pet" in the book.

Virginia C said...

Angie, you've done an amazing job of combining old & new with fantasy and humor! Well done : )

booklover0226 said...

I can't wait to start this series; it sounds like a blast.

Thanks,
Tracey D

chey said...

This series sounds great.