Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Victoria Roder

I’d like to thank the Long and Short of it Reviews for providing me the opportunity to be the guest author this week, and I’d like to thank everyone that checked in. Now, a few tidbits about me.

Have you noticed that both of my novels, The Dream House Visions And Nightmares and Bolt Action are set in the state of Wisconsin? It’s a simple explanation I’m a small town girl. I was born and raised and continue to live in Wisconsin. My husband Ron and I have three grown sons that are each making their own way in the world, so now we’re young ‘empty nesters’. We’re young in our distorted version anyway, and we’re ‘empty nester’s’ if you don’t count our three dogs, two cats, and the lizard.

I am a camping, hiking, 3D bow shooting, snowshoeing, and motorcycle riding kind of woman. Going camping is my favorite activity. Our personal goal is to camp at two new campgrounds a year. The fresh air, the hikes, the stars, soft music, and the flicker of the campfire relax me. My dogs seem more excited then I am when they hear that diesel engine turn over, and they witness my husband Ron hook up the fifth wheel. If we leave a door open on any of the vehicles, Rocky our three-legged husky spins in a tight circle and then jumps in the back seat eager to go for an adventure. All three dogs believe riding in the truck is the best thing since canned dog food. On future camping excursions we’re considering trying our hand at canoeing, but with Tucker, Rocky, and Molly’s child-like enthusiasm we’re not sure if we’ll be able to keep from tipping over.

Camping allows me the freedom to take a break from the hustle bustle and stress of daily life. It’s time for me to relax and reflect on the most important things in life such as, the beauty of this glorious earth and the company of my friends and family. Don’t get me wrong I’m still a writer in the woods and I take my editing and my laptop for those early quiet morning hours. If you’re camping next to me and hooting and hollering, or partaking in goofy games you may end up a character in my next book. Of course I’m kidding because my characters are all fictional!

My work in progress is a paranormal ghost story entitled The Haunting of Ingersull Penitentiary. With an inheritance from her parent’s estate, Hailey Price is remodeling a portion of the former Ingersull Penitentiary into a bed and breakfast, and banquet hall. Time alone in a dismal abandoned penitentiary could play tricks on a person’s psyche, but a wandering Ouija Board, a possessed electric chair, and shadow people threatens to push Hailey over the edge. Can she overcome the haunting of her own past in order to find the strength to battle an evil force and save the guests from horrible deaths? The guests check in, but will they ever check out?



Be sure to check out my website at www.victoriaroder.com

Novels: The Dream House Visions And Nightmares, Asylett Press June 2009 and Bolt Action, Champagne Books April 2010. I am seeking publication for The Haunting of Ingersull Penitentiary.

8 comments:

Victoria Roder said...

I would like to thank LASR for having me visit this week. Thanks to everyone that stopped to visit and those of you that left comments. Visit me at www.victoriaroder.com Please feel free to email me via the site.

Best to you

Dena said...

It was great reading your posts Victoria. Today's post was great too, you are down to earth and I am happy to have read about your books.

Lisa said...

I've enjoyed reading your posts this week. Btw, your new book sounds great. I'll have to check it out.

Cheers!

Tony-Paul said...

Victoria is an interesting person, besides being a very good writer!

bdsdude said...

Come up to Burnett County on one of your camping trips. Known as The Fishbowl of Wisconsin, Burnett County is home to 526 lakes and two of America's National Scenic Rverways (St. Croix and Namekagen). Crex Meadows Wildlife Area is wonderful for viewing birds, especially in the spring and fall when geese, swans, herons, and many other species gather.

Nan D Arnold said...

Hi, Victoria
Books sound great. Camping? Hmm. My idea of roughing it is having to choose b/t a Holiday Inn and a Ritz Carlton (which is why we never travel, I guess. Maybe after I hit the lottery, we'll travel). Good luck with your books.
Nan D Arnold-another Champagne Books author
http://nandarnold.com

Angelica Hart and Zi said...

Victoria,
Great plotlines for your stories, with a special interest from us on your current project, anything with the word haunt or haunting grabs us. And on top of being a writer extraordinairre, you camp,hike bow shoot, snowshoe and those big bikes! Yet look like the sweetest little ole butter gonna melt by looking at it.

Special...special...special lady. Loads of luck with your books!

Victoria Roder said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments. I've had a great week on LASR and appreciate the support.