Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday Spotlight: Cindi Myers

New Years Writing Resolutions

4. Read more

You wouldn't think I'd even have to make this one a resolution, but as my schedule has become busier with writing, one of the things to fall by the wayside is reading. I have stacks and stacks of books I want to read. I keep buying new ones because I don't want to miss new releases by favorite authors and other books I've heard about and want to try.

So in 2010 I want to make more time in my life to read. Reading is essential research for any author. It's important to know what's being published in your genre. And reading outside your genre is a great way to foster new ideas and new approaches to familiar themes.

Last year I did start listening to audio books when I exercise and on long drives. That helped up my consumption of books considerably, and it's a practice I plan to continue this year. I even have a new MP3 player which will hold even more audio books.

How do you make more time for reading in your life?

Harlequin Superromance
January 2010
Life hasn't been easy for single mom Marlee Britton, but she's proud of her ability to look after herself and her son. Then old flame Troy Denton shows up after seven years, wanting to be a father to his son. and to rekindle his relationship with Marlee. While Troy struggles to prove himself trustworthy, Marlee wonders how she can ever give her heart to the man who broke it so long ago.

with Jennifer Greene and Merline Lovelace
Harlequin Anthology
January 2010
Kristjan Gunnarson is Iceland's first ever Olympic medalist. Coloradoan Stacy Bristol thinks he'll be the perfect model for her new advertising campaign, but she isn't prepared for the impact handsome Kristjan has on her. As she supervises filming around Iceland, Stacy fights her attraction to Kristjan. Can a down-to-business American and a footloose Icelander find love in the land of ice and fire?


Cindi Myers became one of the most popular people in eighth grade when she and her best friend wrote and illustrated their own historical romance novel. The manuscript was eventually confiscated by her English teacher, who told her she should spend her time learning to properly conjugate a sentence. Since then, Cindi has gone on to write more than three dozen novels, both historical and contemporary. She also teaches writing and is a popular speaker and workshop presenter. She produces a weekly market newsletter at Visit her website at


Lisa said...

I have to try that strategy, audio books. It's on my 'to do' list.


robynl said...

I have an audiobook coming in the mail that I am looking forward to receiving. This will be my first one.