Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Spotlight: Cindi Myers

New Years Writing Resolutions

5. Try sometime new

It's easy to get stuck in a rut in writing as well as in life, so in 2010 I'm going to vow to try new things. I'm going to write a project or two that's completely new for me. Even if the project doesn't sell, I think it will be good for me to stretch my creative wings a little.

And who knows? I might discover talents that have lain dormant until now, or fall in love with a kind of story I'd never considered before.

This is a business in which it pays to be flexible, and one way to do that is to keep trying new things. As for what that new thing will be, I'm not entirely certain. I'm fascinated by Steampunk right now, so maybe I'll try my hand with that. Or I'll write a new historical — something I haven't done in years.

The great thing about trying new things is that the possibilities are limitless. There are no strings attached, so I can try anything.

Do you have something new you'd like to try in 2010?

Harlequin Superromance
January 2010
Life hasn't been easy for single mom Marlee Britton, but she's proud of her ability to look after herself and her son. Then old flame Troy Denton shows up after seven years, wanting to be a father to his son. and to rekindle his relationship with Marlee. While Troy struggles to prove himself trustworthy, Marlee wonders how she can ever give her heart to the man who broke it so long ago.

with Jennifer Greene and Merline Lovelace
Harlequin Anthology
January 2010
Kristjan Gunnarson is Iceland's first ever Olympic medalist. Coloradoan Stacy Bristol thinks he'll be the perfect model for her new advertising campaign, but she isn't prepared for the impact handsome Kristjan has on her. As she supervises filming around Iceland, Stacy fights her attraction to Kristjan. Can a down-to-business American and a footloose Icelander find love in the land of ice and fire?


Cindi Myers became one of the most popular people in eighth grade when she and her best friend wrote and illustrated their own historical romance novel. The manuscript was eventually confiscated by her English teacher, who told her she should spend her time learning to properly conjugate a sentence. Since then, Cindi has gone on to write more than three dozen novels, both historical and contemporary. She also teaches writing and is a popular speaker and workshop presenter. She produces a weekly market newsletter at Visit her website at


Lisa said...

The thing I'm trying to do is break into the fiction market. So far, all my published credits are in non-fiction, which I love writing, but definitely need to stretch a little.

robynl said...

a historical would be good Cindi; give it a try.