Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Spotlight: Jennifer Loy

WIP and My Wish List

My works in progress are another romantic comedy and I’m thinking maybe some jewels and a love triangle. Ha! That’s all I’m sharing. And on a more serious note I will finally be telling my mother’s story. Her life was truly one of courage and struggle. It needs to be told, if not for the world to hear maybe I’m just supposed to write it for posterity. I also have many new ideas for some romantic suspense in the hero’s point of view which will be a challenge for me.

My wish list is to publish the children’s book I’ve written. Currently there are two states in the U.S. that don’t have a blind school. Nevada is one of them. My youngest daughter is legally blind and has congenital nystagmus (the quivering of the eye). I see her struggle in school on a daily basis and I hope to someday be able to donate all the proceeds of that book to The Nevada Blind Children’s Foundation so they can open a school for these special children in need. There are hundreds of children just in Southern Nevada that are visually impaired and blind that would benefit from a school just for them. To be able to receive a special education in an ideal setting for them would be wonderful. It is my hope that someday I will be able to contribute to this organization not just for my daughter but for the hundreds that seek a place to meet and learn with all the benefits of current technology and proper materials. A place for students to have an opportunity to interact with other disabled children and feel comfortable in their surroundings.

Thank you for joining me this week on Long and Short Reviews Author Spotlight and Thank you Marianne and Judy for the opportunity to post here. Have a great weekend everyone! Don’t forget to visit my website. You can contact me or join my groups from there.

No comments: