Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Spotlight: Candace Morehouse

Horsepower and First Loves

I’ve always had the need for speed.

I guess it comes from growing up (literally) in the auto parts industry. My very first love was a mechanic named Jonesy. He worked at the auto parts store/repair shop my dad managed when I was a little girl. One day when he wasn’t looking, I wrote Candy + Jonesy = Love on the chalkboard where the day’s work orders were listed.

I love hot rods. When I was finally deemed old enough (21), my mom spoiled me rotten by buying me a 1984 Camaro Berlinetta. What a car! It was supposed to look futuristic, and it did with its black T-tops, completely digital gauges, and a stereo system on a pedestal that turned for either driver or passenger to control. Being young and skinny and blonde back then, I attracted a lot of attention driving around Las Cruces, NM in my hot Berlinetta. Ah, those were the days…

Ten years ago my boyfriend talked me into buying a motorcycle dynamometer. He was attending Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix at the time. He said he fell in love with me the night I changed the clutch on his bike. He went on to teach me how to rejet a carb, check the timing, and change the spark plugs on Harleys as we drove around the state and attended various motorcycle events.

Neither the relationship nor the business lasted, but the memories did. I wrote the contemporary romance, Full Throttle based on my experiences. Full Throttle is due out October 1st from Champagne Books. If you love motorcycles, hot men in leather chaps, and the thrill of riding at full-out horsepower, then you’ll love Full Throttle.

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Candace,

I enjoyed your blog today. You always hear people say, "write what you know." Seems you've done exactly that with this book. Wishing you many sales when it releases.

Stacey

Kimber Chin said...

Candace,
You know I loved Full Throttle (I got a sneak at it folks, don't hate me 'cause I lucked out).
Motorcycles are SO sexy!

Big Mike said...

Now I know why all our joint heroines have to be skilled auto mechanics (g).

Big Mike
Davisstories.com
Author of the year, 2008

Dena said...

Hi Candace, It sounds like you had a great time in your yesterday years. I used to love riding on motorcycles too.

Linda LaRoque said...

Great post, Candace. Look forward to reading Full Throttle when it comes out.