Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday Spotlight: Jennifer Johnson

How long is too long?

I went to the doctor today and had to wait an hour and a half to even get back in the examination room. And please, don't start telling me stories about how long YOU had to wait. I'm trying to get a good rant worked up here. Honestly, do they have no concept of the value of anyone's time but their own?

When he came in the room, he sat down. I know that trick. If they actually sit the perception is the visit is longer. I learned that in my college psych class.

He asked me if I've had any problems since my “procedure”.

Yeah, dude. I just spent an hour and a half of my life in a crowded waiting room trying to ignore bad TV programming.

Does he get on his knees and ask for my forgiveness? Heck, no. He starts telling me how bad his life is. Oh, boo hoo. Sixty women vying daily for your professional presence. I can't quite work up the sympathy. Not to mention I took the afternoon off work, and I didn't even get to strip off my clothes to put on the paper gown.

Why can't they assign those little light thingies that the trendy restaurants pass out when you have to wait for a table? The nurse could give you a five minute warning to be back in the doctor's office when the doctor was finally ready to see you. Am I the first one to think of this? I tell you one thing. I bet half the people would be off their high blood pressure medicine.

No comments: