Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursday Spotlight: Linda Banche


I can think up some weird titles.

The title of Lady of the Stars, my currently available Regency time travel novella, is not too crazy. But what about Pumpkinnapper, my upcoming Regency Halloween comedy?

What's a pumpkinnapper, you ask? Here's the one line blurb: Pumpkin thieves, a youthful love rekindled and a jealous goose. Oh, my.

As further examples of my penchant for weird titles, here are some of the titles of the posts on my personal blog,

Oh, No, Not Another Author Blog!-- My very first post. Probably shows it.
How I Started--Writing, That Is--My beginnings as a writer. Yawn.
To Blog Or Not To Blog, That Is The Question (My Apologies to the Bard)-- Blogging takes a lot of time. Does it help sell books? You got me.
And How Did You Become An Author? Success out of failure. Or maybe I'm just too stupid to give up.

And then we have my blog's Shameless Promotion series--subtitled Linda's Adventures in Promotion Land:
Shameless Promotion
Shameless Promotion II
Shameless Promotion, Again
More Shameless Promotion (Does She Ever Stop?)
Shameless Promotion. Again??!!!

And the titles I like the best, from my group blog, Happily Ever After:

Gorgeous Men in Tight Breeches & Ruffled Shirts
Gorgeous Men in Tight Breeches and Ruffled Shirts II

This series is my ode to Regency gentlemen's clothing. (What did you think it was?) I have to write a few more posts in the same vein. We can never have too many gorgeous men in our lives. **grins**

Do titles catch your interest? What do you like in a title?

Thank you all,


Lindsay Townsend said...

I love your tight breeches titles, Linda! And the blogs, too!

Linda Banche said...

Hi Lindsay. Everybody likes those tight breeches, especially with those gorgeous men in them!

Kathleen O said...

Oh the picture one can conjure up about men in tight Breeches.. Love these titles...

LK Hunsaker said...

Your tight breeches title tells a reader exactly what to expect. I like that in a title. ;-)

Dena said...

Usually short and sweet ones do, your breeches one is pretty catchy though,lol.

Linda Banche said...

Hey, Kathleen, LK, and Dena, if you like the titles, click on the links and read the posts. I have pictures! Again not what you're thinking.

Judy said...

I love those titles, but when I when to the actual sights and read what they were about, It was so interesting. I never knew that about clothing in the Regency Era. I love the dress back then for men and women.

Linda Banche said...

Hi Judy, thanks. I'm glad I was able to provide some information. I think we enjoy romances more if we know something about the era in which they're set.