Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Spotlight: Angela Steed

The Last Words

Okay, this is my last day here. I’m so glad I had the opportunity to share with you a few things that light my way in life. And with that said, I’m pleased to have finally found the answer I’ve sought after for so long.

Why romance? I’ve narrowed it down to three important words. Unfortunately, I can’t pick just one reason why I love writing and reading romance novels. So, without further ado, here are the three simple words I’ve found: Spontaneity, Men, and, of course, Love. I love these words. They go beautifully together.

So, for my last words, I decided to post excerpts from my three books to celebrate the three words I’ve come up with. I hope you enjoy them.

From Assassin’s Fall: Men

A semi-automatic, holstered in a black leather glove shined brilliantly in the dim light of the room. She unsheathed it and studied it carefully. This definitely wasn't standard issue for a cop. What was he doing with something so powerful? And more importantly, why was it dressed with a silencer?

She studied the weapon in fascination. It was beautiful, black metallic like the shine from a car. It was easy to grip. The scope was waxed, perfectly aligned as she stared down the line and fingered the trigger.

"I could stand here and watch this all day," his voice called from the doorway.

Startled, she stuffed the gun back inside the holster and then the drawer. She turned to face him, the guilty look on her face won over the shyness of being caught completely naked.

He walked to her, reached down, and then closed the drawer as if telling her in a nice way to stay out of it. Maybe he was.

"You don't have to ask," he said, eyeing her body with a look of intent. "It's my undercover weapon."

"I was only looking for soap," she said nervously as she folded her arms across her chest.

"You were snooping." He chuckled. "There's soap in the linen closet, where most soap is normally kept."

He pushed a strand of her hair over her shoulder making her shiver slightly. He groped her body with his eyes and she thought for sure he was going to pull her into his arms, throw her onto the bed and make mad passionate love to her.
~*~*~

From 1080 Kiss: Spontaneity

“Ah, yes, of course,” he said. “I just spent the past day and a half listening to some nasally inclined woman on a plane talk about her dysfunctional family, paid triple cab fare to one of the rudest drivers in Chicago, and risked getting shot at by an overindulgent, possessive spoiled rotten rock star just so I can have sex with you.”

“You went through all that just to get here?”

“Yes,” he yelled, trying to catch his breath as he glared at her. “Not to mention I had to drive to four grocery stores just to find someone to personalize your birthday cake on Christmas Eve.”

It was wrong, completely wrong as she threw her arms around his neck and planted her lips on his. At first he didn’t know what to do as he stood stiff-lipped and stunned. But with her persistence, he softened his mouth and relaxed his tense muscles.
~*~*~

And from The Sea’s Embrace: Love

“I slept for five years in a hospital vividly dreaming about a radiant light—an angel with dark silk hair and lips of red wine.” He slid his thumbs softly across her lips. “I could almost touch her, but I could never see her clearly enough to find my way to her side. And when I awoke, I remembered nothing of myself or how I came to be.

I took the vision of her with me as I made a life for myself in this world, believing one day I would discover her and wake my memory.” He intensely gazed into her eyes. “And I swore I would take this beautiful woman who called me from my darkness into my arms and whisper in her ear how much I love her.”

“And did you find her?”

He pulled her against him and slid his hands through her hair. As he held her dark strands back away from her face, he pressed his lips to her ear and breathed.

“I would fall through darkness again to be near you,” he whispered, making her body tremble. He let go of her hair, grasped the back of her head and kissed her lips. “I would steal the stars from the night sky and lay them at your feet, but they would only bow to your radiance, for you are the angel I have dreamt of, and the woman I love more than all things. You are the Goddess of my heart.”
~*~*~


Thank you for having me here this week. I had fun! =)

-Angela Steed

No comments: