Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday Spotlight: Stacey Joy Netzel


Thursday already! Wow how the week flies. Just like summer. Just like a vacation. Blink a few times and it seems like it’s over before it actually began. Hopefully that just means you had a GREAT time (on vacation—and if you’ve had fun here, too, even better!).

Every once in a while you come across a book like that, too. You read voraciously, can’t put it down, but never want it to end and hate yourself for reading it so darn fast.

Due to our lovely economy, I won’t be taking the kids to my favorite summer vacation spot anytime soon. I spent two summers in Colorado right out of high school and will take a trip to the mountains over the beach any day.

That’s me and Mr. Romance from Wednesday’s post in the Rocky Mountain National Park, Estes Park, Colorado, 1999. I went back once with my son Cody about 3 years ago in October and we had a blast hiking in the snow.

However, even though we don’t see a trip to Colorado in our near future, don’t feel too bad for us. We share a lake cabin in the north woods of Wisconsin with my two older sisters and younger brother, and plan to spend plenty of time up there before school starts again.


Not too shabby, right? Best part is, it’s right next to my parents’ house and the kids get to see Grandma and Grandpa. Grandpa keeps the kids busy, and I sit on the swing by the lake with my mom, visiting and reading the many good books on my TBR pile.

Share your summer vacation plans, whether they’re a trip out of the country, or as simple as staying home and enjoying your own back yard.

Even better, share the name and author of a recent book that read like a wonderful vacation to you! (Comments get an entry for the regular and bonus give-a-ways at the end of the week.)

Happy Vacation!!

Stacey Joy Netzel


Hywela Lyn said...

I envy you your lake cabin holiday Stacey, sounds wonderful.

We don't often do 'vacations' as such but earlier this year I spent a week in my native Wales, visiting my sister and friends. Carol lives up in the hills, surrounded by hills and countryside, and has horses, dogs, chickens and ducks. It's wonderful for a peaceloving country person like myself.

I think it's good I went when I did, in May, the weather's turned cooler and showery now, and I don't think the UK is going to get the glorious summer we were promised!

Mom said...

Oh woe! Had my vacation. That was the Irish and English adventure. Sigh. Lovely memories, though. The odd thing is that now I sort of feel as if summer is tailing down, although that may be because Michigan is having a most peculiar summer -- lots of rain, and it isn't all that warm. Or is it because I figure summer=vacation=summer, and when you unpack your suitcases it's over?

Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Hywela, that does sound like a peaceful place your sister lives. Like when we go up to the lake (if my parents' 4 dachunds and one German Shepard aren't barking)

Beppie (Mom), You had two vacations, didn't you? Ireland/England and Washington DC at National. Glad you enjoyed both!

Hywela and Beppie, it's been cooler in most places, I think. The majority of our summer days here in WI so far have been below normal temps. We're finally getting the rain we need though.

Have a good day, you two! :)

lastnerve said...

Beautiful pictures! Let's see, my favorite vacation spot would have to be Yellowstone National Park. I spent many a summer there as a child and it holds special memories for me.


Stacey Joy Netzel said...

Thanks, Val. :)

I've always wanted to go to Yellowstone. Some day I will get there! Hold on those memories.

Donna Marie Rogers said...

I sure hope to see Colorado for myself one day before I get too old to enjoy it. It's simply beautiful. :-) I'd take a view of the mountains over a view of the ocean any day.

No summer vacation for me, unfortunately, but hopefully next year.