Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Spotlight: Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance


Today it’s Charity’s turn to question Darcy:

Charity: Confession time: did you ever *ahem* excuse yourself from class to watch General Hospital? Luke and Laura’s wedding? What are your feelings on Robert Scorpio?

Darcy: Dood. I didn't have to *ahem* excuse myself from class, I planned it in advance so my middays would be totally free for GH watching. I watched the entire saga, from the rape on the disco floor to the aborted assassination, through the Summer on the Run, the dissing of Luke, and the complete weirdness that was The Ice Princess storyline. Speaking of Robert Scorpio, had he not been so incredibly hot I might have bailed on LnL then, but I stuck with it through the wedding and beyond.

Charity: Building the perfect guy: take three (or so) celebrities and construct a Tiger Beat worthy heartthrob.

Darcy: Paging Dr. Frankenstein! Hugh Laurie (Dr. Gregory House) for his height. I like 'em tall and a little rangy. Still in House-mode, I like Robert Sean Leaonard's eyes and the way his whole face smiles. Brad Pitt's mouth, or wait, Johhny Depp's -- ooh, decisions, decisions. Tom Delonge from Blink 182 has amazing shoulders. And I'd pick Colin Farrell for his...um, erm, for his ability to...er... make women over-excited and the men to feel really uncomfortable. Finally, I think my husband has the sexiest legs I have ever seen.

Charity: You’re stranded on a desert island. Your special everlasting iPod can only hold three albums. Which ones do you choose?

Darcy: Oh noes! I love music but my favorites change all of the time. As soon as I say "Darkness on the Edge of Town" by Bruce Springsteen I'll find myself with Modest Mouse's "Good News for People Who Love Bad News" or any of Brand New's albums on auto play for a week. Two of my favorites though are "MixTape for My Mom <3" a mix of songs that mean something to my daughter and me, and "Lop Bop Mix" a mix from a young friend, Jared, who is the king of introducing me to awesome tunes.

Charity: Now you get to pick that desert island. Two weeks, all expenses paid trip to anywhere you want to go--the only catch is you must stay in that place (no side trips). Where do you go and what do you do when you get there?

Darcy: Bermuda and nothing.

Charity: The tattoo. Dish. What inspired you to think about getting one? Are you really going to go through with it? If so, have you settled on a design?

Darcy: I was with my daughter when she got her first and third tattoos. Both times she tried to talk me into get inked with her. Both times I promised her, "If I ever sell a book." I didn't think it would ever happen, but yes, I am going through with it. My BFF since I was 11 years old is flying in for the Geek Girl's release and we are going under the pen together the night before the book comes out. Right now, I'm leaning toward a pair of geeky glasses -- really, really tiny geeky glasses ; )

5 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Big congrats on the release!

Bermuda and nothing...now that's my kind of vacation. :)

Charity said...

Sarita,

Thanks so much!

According to the email Darcy sent me last night, she really went through with it and got the tattoo. That's one way to celebrate a book launch.

Kytaira said...

Cool about the tatoo. What a great way to celebrate!

Charity and Darcy said...

Sarita - Maybe I'll see you there on the beach some day ;)

Kytaira - I'm glad I did the tattoo. It was fun and it will always remind me of what a wonderful, amazing time I had writing and then releasing the book! Unfortunately, right now it is reminding me that tattoos hurt. ow.
I hear it gets better though ;)

Darcy

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

SO cool! BTW, Darcy, I'm totally with you on Bermuda - I LOVE that country.

And I hope that tat shows up somewhere soon.