Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Spotlight: Karen Wiesner

I Have Dreamed a Little Dream

Dreams have been a huge part of my fiction writing. My police procedural novel, Degrees of Separation (Book 1 of the Falcon’s Bend Series I write with Chris Spindler), started with an amazingly vivid dream I’d had—years before Chris and I started thinking about writing together. After I woke up from that dream, I wrote down everything I remembered from the dream, and much of it formed the basis for the novel.

“Blind Revenge” (Falcon’s Bend Case Files, Volume I) began with a dream about a woman afraid that the witch was coming for her eyes. “Fixated” (also in FBCF, Volume I) was based on a dream I had about a woman who was being stalked by someone.

“Retribution” (which will be in Falcon’s Bend Case Files, Volume II, coming July 2009) is based on a dream I had that I worked into the idea that the subdivision Lieutenants Pete Shasta and Danny Vincent live in becomes home to a very hot young mama…and their wives Lisa and Melody aren’t too happy about their men moonlighting as Peeping Toms. But it isn’t until the woman disappears, leaving her two children alone, that Lisa realizes crime is firmly afoot.

Find out more about the Falcon’s Bend Series here:

“The Amethyst Angel” and “The Amethyst Star” came to me after dreams as well. Is it a little...well, disturbing to turn dreams into fiction? Sometimes, but writers can always make lemonade out of lemons.

No comments: