Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday Spotlight: Kathryn Shay

Please note, Kathryn will be checking here periodically for comments and questions. Please feel free to start a dialogue with her!

Good morning, readers.

Today I’d like to talk about my new book, A Man She Couldn't Forget, released by Harlequin Superromance this month. The story was fun to write because it includes a combination of the types of plotlines I’ve always enjoyed as a reader.

First, the book deals with amnesia, which was interesting to write about. I loved reading these books in the past, wondering what it would be like to wake up and not even know your name. Of course, I had to do a lot of research on the condition before I started writing, which was a good thing because the specifics of the malady gave me plot points to include in the unfolding of the heroine’s story.

Next, the book has a friends-turned-lovers angle. I liked developing this dynamic and working with characters who already know each other then fall in love. What’s most enjoyable is to have them shocked by their attraction to each other!

Finally, the third element I used in the book is the concept of a love triangle. This was perhaps the most difficult in finding the right balance among the three characters involved. I hadn’t realized how tricky it would be.

So, that’s it for today. Has anyone read my work? Do you have favorite plotlines, as I do? What kinds of books do you like to read?

Kathy Shay

No comments: