Beginning January 1, 2013

Stop by the new site and take a look around.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Spotlight: Kathryn Shay

Hello, Readers,

Thanks for the opportunity to spend a week with you and present five mini essays for us to get to know each other better. I think this format is great. For our first time together, I’d like to tell you about me and my writing.

I write for Harlequin Superromance and The Berkley Publishing Group. Currently, I have 23 Supers out and 10 Berkley Sensations published. I focus on contemporary romance, often addressing social issues. My work is highly emotional, sometimes tinged with romantic suspense, often centering on family ties. I have two Supers out in 2009, A Man She Couldn't Forget in January and Back to Luke in August. I’ll be writing a trilogy for Super for 2010. My single title work is now focused on a women’s fiction book I’m just finishing up and another firefighter romance that’s in its early stages.

In my life outside of writing, I was a high school teacher for three decades, teaching courses like Humanities, Science Fiction, Women in Society, as well as advanced English and working with reluctant learners. It was a wonderful career, full of excitement and fulfillment and I retired with no regrets a few years ago.

My writing career began in 1995 when Harlequin published The Father Factor. They printed a million copies of the book, half of which sold to the public and half were used in promotion. It has also been translated into several languages. The book dealt with teenage suicide and set the stage for my future work. My first single title with Berkley was Promises to Keep, about two Secret Service agents who go undercover in a typical high school because the school has been flagged for the potential for an eruption of violence.

Look for specifics on my new book tomorrow.

Kathy Shay

No comments: